Friday, January 21, 2011

Monologist Announcement!!!

Comedy is hard. Like, really hard.

When I set out to do this project every day, I might have bitten off just a little bit more than I could chew, and I should have known. I love late-night talk shows; I really do. The problem is, it's well known (and pretty much undeniable) that the monologue is the worst part about the modern late-night talk show.

When you're on four days a week every week, nobody says your material has to be timeless. It just has to be relevant, or recent, and that seems to be enough. The material can be pretty middling, and without the advantage of a charismatic or self-depricating Redhead host, it can be near impossible. I'd hate nothing more than to commit to mediocre comedy.

And on the other hand, SNL's "Weekend Update" is a great example of what I'd like to accomplish. A whole week's log of great jokes, not to mention great photoshop gags? It sounds like paradise for me -- so that's exactly what I'm aiming to do. It's quality over quantity in the best way possible.

So starting in the near future, I will be committing myself to putting out the best week of jokes I can come up with, along with funny photoshop accompaniments -- using my very rudimentary knowledge of a Photoshop Edition so old that the pop-up paperclip has since died of old age.

Get psyched. And thank you to all of my friends who follow this blog. It really means a lot to me -- I intend to give back in a huge way.

No comments:

Post a Comment